July 27, 2007

All we hear is Radio Ha Ha...

Our Sports Man About Town, and WPEN 950AM's Dave Dougherty (seen left with legendary Phillies announcer Harry Kalas) was on the John DeBella Show this morning in WMGK 102.9 FM competing for a chance to perform stand up at Helium Comedy Club. If you didn't know, Dave is a great, personable guy. It is also hysterical. Dave definitely has a good shot in the WMGK competition because 1) he had the hosts laughing before his given allotment of time to perform and 2) he even got a little extra time because he had the hosts laughing.

Now let's play degrees of separation. It's funny how things get connected. When I first met Dave, I was at the Bayou Bar & Grill on Main St. I had stopped there earlier in the day because WMGK was broadcasting live from there. I had met Andre Gardner the week before when I helped judge the House Band Competition at Bourbon Blue. So I gave Andre a copy of The Review for which he was so thankful for; he let me speak live on the radio.
Fast Forward a few hours. Still at The Bayou, now joined by my friend from western Pa., where Dave was going around the bar asking people about the future Eagles Season.
He first starting talking to my friend who is a hardcore Steelers fan. (Who didn't see that coming.) So he moved on to me and I gave him my best analysis, which was that the Eagles would go 10-6. So after we spoke Dave asked me:
"Think you could say all that again."
So twice in one day, I spoke on two radio stations from the same bar. So now, like me Dougherty was heard on WPEN and WMGK. Here's to you buddy. Good Luck.

No comments: