July 27, 2007

Weekend Whirligig



Have a drink on me...I insist.


This is why we enjoy the Flat Rock Saloon. The owner often has the beer I like the best, especially from Adnams Brewery in England. It was the brand I enjoy best when I travel there. But anyway, if you haven't guessed, Dave Duong is playing again tonight.

But here's the listings if you plan a night of debauchery in Our Town.
For Grape St., click here.
For Kildare's Manayunk, click here .
For more Manayunk-Roxborough places, stop here to find what you may be looking for.

Also a shout out to the "Cheap Date" series at uwishunu.com, we couldn't agree more about how great the pizza at Alex's is.

Personally, I will be competing against my family members for The Captain's Cup. This new inaugural golfing tournament is being played at Center Square Golf Course on Saturday. Captain was the nickname of my late grandfather. As I am the eldest Grandson, I have to stake my claim and attempt to win this newly coveted trophy, which is in the shape of a martini glass. If you knew, Bernard A. Scally, III, my grandfather, you would understand. The man kept a bottle of Skyy in the freezer at all times. I face stiff competition from all my family from my younger cousins to aunts to uncles and even my own father, Bernard A. Scally IV.
(Author's Note: I, Bernard J. Scally, am of course a terrible golfer. So to actually win this is a very, very big, huge, almost impossible long shot. Wish me luck.)


No comments: